Academy Sections and Special Interest Groups provide a forum for member discussions, professional enhancement and recognition. In addition, these groups provide the Academy with important contributions from various fields of study or practice. To learn more, visit the pages listed below.
- Anterior Segment Section
- Binocular Vision, Perception and Pediatric Optometry Section
- Section on Cornea, Contact Lenses and Refractive Technologies
- Glaucoma Section
- Low Vision Section
- Optometric Education Section
- Comprehensive Care Section
- Public Health & Environmental Vision Section
- Vision Science Section
Section Position Papers
The American Academy of Optometry's Sections and SIGs are encouraged to submit papers on specific topics. Click here to download the Academy's Position Paper policy (PDF).
- Position Paper on Optometric Care of the Struggling Student
- Position Paper on Clinical Low Vision Evaluation and Treatment of Students with Visual Impairments for Parents, Educators and Other Professionals
Interested in Joining a Section?
Log-in to your Academy account and update your Section and SIG settings.