Academy Sections and Special Interest Groups provide a forum for member discussions, professional enhancement and recognition. In addition, these groups provide the Academy with important contributions from various fields of study or practice. To learn more, visit the pages listed below.
Section Position Papers
The American Academy of Optometry's Sections and SIGs are encouraged to submit papers on specific topics. Click here to download the Academy's Position Paper policy (PDF).
- Statement on Co-management
- Refractive Surgery
- Vision, Learning and Dyslexia Vision Therapy - Joint Statement with AOA
- Optometric Care of the Patient with Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)
- Extended and Continous Wear
- Healthy Eyes: Responsibilities of the Contact Lens Patient
- Children and Contact Lenses
- Ocular Ultraviolet Radiation
Interested in Joining a Section?
Log-in to your Academy account and update your Section and SIG settings.