Travel and Transportation
The Sea-Tac International Airport is the closest airport to the Washington State Convention Center (about 15 minutes away). The following transportation options are available from the airport to your hotel:
- Link Light Rail - The ride takes 37 minutes from the airport to Westlake Center, located 3 blocks from the Washington State Convention Center and in close proximity to the contracted hotels. Fare from the airport to the Westlake Center station is $2.75 each way. For more information about Link light rail, visit www.soundtransit.org.
- Seattle Taxis - Taxi service is available from Sea-Tac Airport to downtown Seattle (and points throughout the city) via the third floor of the Sea-Tac Parking Garage. Fares range from approximately $40-$50 from the airport to downtown hotels, depending on traffic (metered at $2.50/mile) and a $40 flat fee from downtown hotels to the airport. For more information on taxi service to and from the airport, click here.
Download the free Seattle Visitors Guide iPad App to get ideas for day trips, a directory of restaurants, shops, attractions and more!
Once you have registered for Academy 2013 Seattle, you will receive an email with a link to make housing reservations.
1. Sheraton Seattle Hotel (Headquarters Hotel)
1400 6th Avenue, Seattle, WA, 98108
Single and Double: $235/night; Triple: $260/night; Quad: $285/night
Please note that the Sheraton Seattle Hotel rates quoted in the Program Preview have been changed to the rates above.
Highlights: This hotel is walking distance to the convention center and to many restaurants, entertainment options, and attractions such as the Pike Place Market and the Space Needle. Some features that this hotel offers include an indoor swimming pool, 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary Internet through the Link @ Sheraton.
2. Crowne Plaza Hotel Seattle
1113 6th Avenue, Seattle, WA, 98101
Single and Double: $195/night; Triple: $215/night; Quad: $235/night ($25 Rollaway bed charge)
Highlights: This hotel is walking distance to the convention center, and many restaurants, entertainment options, and attractions. This hotel offers a 24-hour fitness center and business center.
3. Hyatt at Olive 8
1635 8th Avenue, Seattle, WA, 98101
Single and Double: $242/night; Triple: $267/night; Quad: $292/night
Highlights: This hotel is walking distance to the convention center and other downtown Seattle attractions including the Pike Place Market and the Puget Sound. Amenities include a 24-hour fitness center and business center and a complimentary daily newspaper.
4. Hilton Seattle
1301 6th Avenue, Seattle, WA, 98101
Single and Double: $207/night; Triple: $227/night; Quad: $247/night
Highlights: This hotel is walking distance to the convention center, with views of the Puget Sound. Amenities include a fitness center, business center, and sight-seeing tours.
5. The Paramount Hotel (Student and Government Hotel)
724 Pine Street, Seattle, WA 98101
Student Rate*: $149 Single and Double; $20 each additional person.
Government Rate**: $137/night.
Highlights: This boutique hotel is only one block from the Convention Center, combining modern amenities with personalized service.
6. The Roosevelt Hotel (Government Hotel)
1532 7th Avenue, Seattle, WA, 98101
Single and Double: $137/night, Triple: $157/night, Quad: $177/night
Highlights: This historic hotel is located just a few blocks from the waterfront and Pike Place Market.
*Meeting attendees must have student ID at check-in to receive the contracted rate.
**Meeting attendees must show federal government or active military ID at check-in to receive the contracted government rate. Please note that while the Academy works to secure as many government rate rooms as possible, there are only a limited number available at this rate.