New Jersey Chapter of the American Academy of Optometry
2nd NJAO Meeting of 2017
Thank you to everyone who attended the 2nd New Jersey Academy of Optometry meeting of 2017 last month!
In case you missed it, watch this video of Anu Laul, OD, FAAO, sharing his case of a patient experiencing long-term ocular nerve pain despite healing of the corneal surface after a cleaning device exploded on his face and eyes.
NJAO Annual Summer Seminar
Please plan to join the New Jersey Chapter for our annual Summer Seminar!
Wednesday, August 9
Jumping Brook Country Club
More details will be available in the coming weeks.
Annual Golf Seminar
Thank you to all who attended our 15th Annual Golf Seminar at Kingston Plantation in Myrtle Beach, SC! There were over 90 registrants and it was very well received by all attendees.
The tentative date for next year's golf seminar is April 28, 2018. 6 hours of oral CE credits will be offered at this event. More details will be available in the coming weeks.
The 2017 NJAO membership fee is $65 and we hope that you will continue to support our mission in enhancing optometric education. All chapter members will enjoy the benefits of:
• 3 complimentary Continuing Education lectures with gourmet buffet dinners! These education conferences, which will provide a total of 6 hours of free CE, will be held on:
- March 22, 2017
- May 17, 2017
- November 8, 2017
• Discounted registration fee for our annual summer seminar on August 9, 2017, which offers up to additional 6 hours of oral CE credits.
Please send the attached document with your membership dues and updated contact information to:
Rosine Alianakian, OD, FAAO
14 Saddlebrook Road
Millstone, Twp., NJ 08535
Please make your 2017 membership dues of $65 payable by check to: NJ Academy of Optometry
NJAO Student Travel Grant
This year the New Jersey Academy of Optometry (NJAO) will offer 5 travel grants in the amount of $750 each for students and/or optometric residents to attend the annual meeting of the American Academy of Optometry in Chicago.
In years past our only stipulation was that the recipients of the travel grant be permanent residents of the state of New Jersey. This year, we are changing the requirements in order to help promote the academic aspect of the grant. The new requirements of the travel grants are as follows:
- Student or Resident must prepare and present a poster that has been formally accepted by the Academy based on their submission guidelines at the national Academy meeting in Chicago, IL which is being held October 11-14, 2017.
- Student or Resident must also be available to present the same paper or poster at the NJAO chapter dinner meeting on November 8, 2017 at Jumping Brook Country Club in Neptune, NJ.
- Preference is given to permanent residents of the state of New Jersey, however students from any state are welcome to apply.
- Applications must be submitted by July 15, 2017.
Please return the completed application and required supporting documents to:
Candice Tolud, OD, FAAO
President, NJAO Chapter
Officer List 2016-2017