New Jersey Chapter of the American Academy of Optometry
NJAO March Dinner Lecture
Wednesday, March 22nd at 7:00pm
Jumping Brook Country Club
We are pleased to have to have a new exciting lecture by Vipul Lakhani, MD, a board certified ophthalmologist. He will be presenting the following topics (TPA COPE credits pending):
- Advances in Glaucoma Therapy (1 hour )
- Modern Techniques of Glaucoma Surgery (1 hour)
We would love to see everyone! Space is limited, so please RSVP to Rosine Alianakian, OD, FAAO at email@example.com, no later than Wednesday, March 15, 2017.
See the attached flier for more details. All checks are to be made payable to the New Jersey Academy of Optometry.
April 5-9, 2017 at Hilton Embassy Suites
Myrtle Beach, SC
New Jersey Chapter welcomes all optometrists to celebrate our 15th Annual Educational Conference, featuring 16 hours of COPE CE delivered by Joseph Shovlin, OD, FAAO, newly elected President of the American Academy of Optometry, and Eric Schmidt, OD, FAAO.
For more information, please download the attached brochure.
The 2017 NJAO membership fee is $65 and we hope that you will continue to support our mission in enhancing optometric education. All chapter members will enjoy the benefits of:
• 3 complimentary Continuing Education lectures with gourmet buffet dinners! These education conferences, which will provide a total of 6 hours of free CE, will be held on:
- March 22, 2017
- May 17, 2017
- November 8, 2017
• Discounted registration fee for our annual summer seminar on August 9, 2017, which offers up to additional 6 hours of oral CE credits.
Please send the attached document with your membership dues and updated contact information to:
Rosine Alianakian, OD, FAAO
14 Saddlebrook Road
Millstone, Twp., NJ 08535
Please make your 2017 membership dues of $65 payable by check to: NJ Academy of Optometry
NJAO Student Travel Grant
This year the New Jersey Academy of Optometry (NJAO) will offer 5 travel grants in the amount of $750 each for students and/or optometric residents to attend the annual meeting of the American Academy of Optometry in Chicago.
In years past ou only stipulation was that the recipients of the travel grant be permanent residents of the state of New Jersey. This year, we are changing the requirements in order to help promote the academic aspect of the grant. The new requirements of the travel grants are as follows:
- Student or Resident must prepare and present a poster that has been formally accepted by the Academy based on their submission guidelines at the national Academy meeting in Chicago, IL which is being held October 11-14, 2017.
- Student or Resident must also be available to present the same paper or poster at the NJAO chapter dinner meeting on November 8, 2017 at Jumping Brook Country Club in Neptune, NJ.
- Preference is given to permanent residents of the state of New Jersey, however students from any state are welcome to apply.
- Applications must be submitted by July 15, 2017.
Please return the completed application and required supporting documents to:
Candice Tolud, OD, FAAO
President, NJAO Chapter
Officer List 2016-2017