You are a future leader in the field of optometry. Student membership in the Academy gives you a foundation upon which to develop your skills and professional goals. Whether you are already a student member, or just starting to learn about the Academy, this page is your one stop resource.
Student Membership Criteria
Student membership may be granted to students who are in good academic standing at an accredited school or college of optometry, to full-time students in vision sciences and related sciences, and to residents in accredited optometric residency programs.
To apply to become a student member, download the Student Membership Application Form (PDF).
Benefits of Student Membership
- Optometry and Vision Science Journal
- AAO Newsletter
- Eye-Mail® Monthly
- Special Student Publications
- Annual Meeting Benefits
- The opportunity to meet some of the world’s best optometrists
- Reduced registration rates
- Student Networking Luncheon
- Latest in scientific research
- The best in Continuing Education (CE)
- Over 250 exhibits
- Student travel fellowships (limited number) for students/residents accepted as paper/poster presenters
- Discounted student hotel rates (limited number)
- And the opportunity to meet with and learn from the leaders in optometry and vision science!
Student membership dues are only $30 for your entire optometry or graduate student career, including residency.