Optometric Education Section
Providing Excellence in Education for Optometric Educators
The mission of the Optometric Education Section of the American Academy of Optometry is to serve the educational needs of its membership by advancing research, promoting innovation in optometric education, encouraging visionary thinking, supporting ethical practices, and affirming provocative concepts in optometric education worldwide. In achieving its mission the Section:
- Initiates forums on research in optometric education.
- Disseminates knowledge of innovation in professional education.
- Serves a visionary role in the advancement of new teaching and learning methodologies.
- Advocates for faculty and students engaged in optometric education.
- Collaborates with other sections in the joint sponsorship of educational programs.
- Enhances the commitment of Academy members to highest ethical and professional standards of optometric education.