Optometry and Vision Science
) is the leading optometric journal in the world based on the size of circulation, the number of articles published, the quantity of scientific citations, the scope of content, and the relevance to clinical practice.
- OVS is currently ranked #20 among more than 120 peer-reviewed journals in the ophthalmology and optometry category, and is the only optometry journal indexed by Google Scholar.
- The journal impact factor (JIF) of OVS has continued to rise, reaching its current JIF of 1.9 in 2019.
- The international stature and reach of OVS has grown with the published number of international collaborations increasing from 8% in 2009to 26% in 2018.
- OVS has standardized reporting guidelines for clinical trials, systematic reviews, and meta-analyses and had prioritized increasing the number of evidence-based publications.
- In 2016, OVS became online only with seamless access to the journal using AAO membership credentials.
- OVS saw 258,600 visits to the site in 2019, an average of 21,500 visits per month.
- In 2019, 443 articles were submitted, with 155 published (120/443=28%).
- There were two featured issues in 2019: Imaging in Glaucoma and Advances in Scleral Lenses.