The American Academy of Optometry is pleased to announce the inception of the Vincent Ellerbrock Clinician Educator Award in 2013. The award will be presented annually to a distinguished clinician who has made outstanding and sustained contributions to the Academy’s Lectures and Workshops Program (formerly named the Ellerbrock Memorial Continuing Education Program). Individuals considered for this award will be widely recognized by both Academy peers and the profession for their clinical expertise and willingness to share their knowledge for the benefit of improved patient care. Awardees are required to be active in direct patient care with preference given to those who provide patient care full time. Additional contributions to the ophthalmic literature relative to sharing clinical knowledge may also be considered.
The deadline for nominations is April 1, 2020. Please submit the following by email to Helen Viksnins at HelenV@aaoptom.org.
- A letter of nomination from an Academy Fellow, explaining why the nominee is particularly deserving of the award for which the nomination has been made.
- A copy of the CV of the nominee.
- A letter seconding the nomination from another Academy Fellow
Past Award Winners
- 2019 - Thomas G. Quinn, OD, MS, FAAO
- 2018 - Tammy Than, MS, OD, FAAO
- 2017 - Richard Madonna, MA, OD, FAAO
- 2016 - Richard London, MA, OD, FAAO
- 2015 - Robert B. Greer, OD, FAAO
- 2014 - Ron Melton, OD, FAAO, Randall K. Thomas, OD, MPH, FAAO
- 2013 - Murray Fingeret, OD, FAAO
Photo Credit: National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health (NEI/NIH)