Low Vision Section Reception
Please join us for the Low Vision Section Reception on Wednesday, October 11th at 6:30 PM in the Lakeside Center room E264 on the 2nd level. The reception will be followed by our business meeting, which will then be followed by the Low Vision Diplomate Meeting. Busses will run until 11PM, so there will be transportation back to the hotels after the meetings. A previous newsletter detailed additional Section events. It will be an exciting meeting!
"What’s New in Low Vision??" (also known as "My Way is Better”)
Generously sponsored by Eschenbach, Hadley Institute for the Blind and American Foundation for the Blind
FORMAT: Breakfast forum
WHEN: Saturday, October 14, 2017 from 6:45am to 7:45am
WHERE: Lakeside Center Room E270, 2nd level, McCormick Place
This is a great opportunity to meet with colleagues to share new information on anything related to low vision rehabilitation, or to express your opinions about what you think is a better way, or the best way, of doing things when working with low vision patients. All news, opinions and speculations are welcomed! The program will again be hosted by Dick Wacker and Ian Bailey.
The rules are:
1. Presentations will be made by Academy Fellows only.
2. The time allowed for each presentation will be determined by dividing the available time by the number of scheduled presenters. Time limits will be STRICTLY enforced. (We advise planning to allow about 3 minutes per presentation)
3. No more than three (3) slides will be allowed for each presentation. PowerPoint "pop up" slides that appear on the previous slide as a background will count as one of the three.
4. Video presentations are discouraged. Total time for all presentations that include video will be limited to 180 seconds.
5. Persons wishing to make presentations within this session should submit their name and topic to the session moderators beforehand via email (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
6. The visual display material to be presented should be submitted to both moderators via Email or via pen-drive before midnight on Friday, October 13th.
7. Late and even last minute submissions can be considered if the schedule is not filled.
8. Presentations should not include content that can be construed as a sales pitch or as reports of clinical trials or other such matters that would be more appropriately presented in the scientific sessions.
CMS Coverage of Vision Assistive Equipment – AFB Teleseminar
The American Foundation for the Blind & 21st Century Agenda on Aging and Vision Loss are hosting a national teleseminar on the topic of Medicare coverage of vision assistive equipment: “RESOLVED--Medicare Should Pay for Low Vision Devices: Views Through Different Lenses”. All interested parties are encouraged to call in to the 90 program on Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 3pm Eastern. To join the call dial: 1-866-939-3921 and enter code 45490371. For further information, contact Mark Richert, Esq. Director, Public Policy, AFB at 202-469-6833 or MRichert@afb.net. More information can be accessed at this link: http://bit.ly/2k759JR