The Flom Leadership Course Series begins on Wednesday, November 3 from 1 to 4 PM EST during Academy 2021 Boston. Shortly after this meeting, the eight module virtual course will begin and feature the following topics:
- Principles of Effective Leadership
- How to Pursue Leadership Roles in Optometry
- Effective Public Speaking
- How to Write for Publication
- Being an Effective Mentor
- How to Run a Successful Meeting
- Effective Conflict Resolution
- Understanding and Embracing Diversity
Speakers will include Drs. Ed Bennett, Linda Casser, Kyle Cheatham, Sally Dillehay, Mika Moy, Tom Quinn, Muriel Schornack, Ruth Shoge, Jeff Walline, and Rick Weisbarth, who will be joined by a number of co-instructors and contributing faculty for the interactive small group emphasis of these sessions.
The application window to participate in the inaugural Flom Leadership Course series will be open from July 7 to August 23, 5 PM EST. This year round program will be $195 for those accepted.