We’re about six weeks out from Academy 2021 Boston. We know many are eager to attend, network with colleagues, reunite with fellow alum, and share in the fellowship which is synonymous with the annual meeting. However, we also know others may be on the fence regarding registering and attending in person.
With that in mind, the Board has met to review and discuss all safety protocols which will be implemented on-site at our annual meeting:
Prior to attending the meeting, all registered attendees will be required to attest that they have either:
- Received a completed vaccine (completed means both doses plus the two-week "incubation period" following the second dose) and/or;
- Received a negative COVID-19 test within 72-hours prior to arriving at the annual meeting.
- To make this easier for currently registered attendees, please take a moment and complete this brief form and your attestation will be added to your registration. It is important you complete this in ADVANCE of reaching Registration in Boston to avoid any delays in picking up your registration badge and materials.
- For those who have not registered and are still considering, this has now been added to the registration form and you will complete it at the time of registration.
- The city of Boston has mandated mask usage in public spaces and the Academy fully supports this mandate and will require masks to be worn at all times when indoors at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (BCEC) and all host hotels.
- The Academy, in partnership with Avellino Labs, will provide on-site rapid COVID-19 testing in the Academy Wellness Area. This testing option is also available to anyone traveling internationally and requiring a test prior to returning home.
- The Convention Center will have hand sanitizing stations readily available throughout the facility.
- You can pick up a designated sticker denoting your social distance preference to add to your badge at Registration:
- Green = Comfortable with Handshakes and High Fives
- Yellow = Happy to Talk, No Touching Please
- Red = Happy to See You but Keeping My Distance
Recognizing there are still loyal Fellows and attendees who may not be able to travel due to health concerns, employment travel restrictions still in place, or simply do not want to travel, we will be offering a virtual meeting, following the in-person Boston meeting, December 3-5. Best of Academy 2021 Boston will offer up to 30 hours of continuing education to be viewed in the safety of your home or office. More details will be shared in future communications.
It’s up to all of us to do our part to protect ourselves as well as one another and we look forward to doing this in the spirit of collaboration and collegiality.
Stay safe and be well –