The submission window opens June 22, 2020 and closes July 21, 2020.
The Luxottica Student Travel Fellowship is available to 3rd and 4th year students with the skills to both enhance the field of optometry and improve the quality of life for local and global citizens.
- Open to 3rd and 4th year students at all accredited schools and colleges of optometry in North America
- Must be a member of the American Academy of Optometry
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Presenting a paper or poster at the AAO annual meeting is desirable but not a requirement
- Official academic transcript
- Financial aid form must be submitted
- A one-page statement expressing how you will use your optometric skills to both enhance the field of optometry and improve the quality of life for local and global citizens
- One letter of recommendation from a current faculty member
Materials MUST be submitted online by the deadline date (shown above) using the online submission tool. Applications that remain incomplete after the deadline date will not be evaluated.
Although residents can apply to attend a meeting for which they have previously been awarded a travel fellowship, priority may be given to first-time awardees.
It is the standard policy of the AAOF that program recipients who receive as part of their award, a travel stipend to attend an event, cannot receive a second or duplicate travel stipend from the Foundation or its affiliate, the AAO.
Recipients are required to attend the AAOF Celebration Luncheon on Saturday, October 26, 2019 from 11 AM to 1:30 PM where they will receive their check.
All award recipients by application and acceptance of an award agree to allow the AAOF and/or the sponsor of the program to which they applied to publish their name, image, institution information, and any statement or quote provided by the recipient. These may appear in a variety of media formats that will announce and promote the program including, but not limited to, the AAOF and/or sponsor annual report, website, annual meeting promotional materials.
For further information contact:
Grants and Awards Manager
2909 Fairgreen Street
Orlando, FL 32803, USA