The Academy Student Travel Fellowship (STF) application window has been temporarily postponed. We will be in contact with more information about available STFs in the coming weeks.
- Student MUST be a member of the American Academy of Optometry. To become a student member please visit: Student Membership
- Optometry students who are currently enrolled full-time or have graduated within a year of the meeting. (Post-docs and residents are not eligible).
- Applicant must have had an abstract accepted as a first presenter/author of a paper or poster
One-page statement, which includes:
- Your commitment and interest in optometric research and/or education and your short and long term career goals
- Previous research training talks, papers, and posters, plans for a career in research and/or education
- Demonstrated and potential for self-motivation, independence, and leadership
- Summary of academic training, including honors
- A copy of the abstract of paper or poster that has been accepted
- Recommendation letter from faculty
Materials MUST be submitted online in PDF form by the deadline date (shown below) using the online submission tool. Applications that remain incomplete after the deadline date will not be evaluated.
Although students can apply to attend a meeting for which they have previously been awarded a travel fellowship, priority may be given to first-time awardees.
It is the standard policy of the AAOF that program recipients who receive, as part of their award, a travel stipend to attend an event, cannot also receive a second or duplicate travel stipend from the Foundation or its affiliate, the AAO.
Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision prior to the Academy annual meeting. The award checks will be presented to the awardees during the meeting. Recipients are required to attend the AAOF Celebration Luncheon on Saturday, November 10, 2018 from 11 AM to 1:30 PM where they will receive their check.
All award recipients by application and acceptance of an award agree to allow the AAOF and/or the sponsor of the program to which they applied to publish their name, image, institution information, and any statement or quote provided by the recipient. These may appear in a variety of media formats that will announce and promote the program including, but not limited to, the AAOF and/or sponsor annual report, website, annual meeting promotional materials.
For further information contact:
Grants and Awards Manager
2909 Fairgreen Street
Orlando, FL 32803, USA