The following information and documents are needed to complete your application:
- Completed application form.
- Current resume or CV – please include a minimum of past 5 years work history and optometric continuing education courses.
- Payment of appropriate fees.
- A copy of your passport information sheet (only pages that have your picture and information).*
- Notarized or original copy of optometric certificate, diploma, or degree (translated to English).*
- Notarized or original copy of current optometric license or registration where applicable (translated to English).*
- If you are not currently practicing in your country of education, a letter from the regulatory body stating that you are eligible to be licensed in the country of your education where applicable.*
- Notarized or original copy of diploma, certificate/degree from any other post-secondary/university level educational programs.*
- Optometric academic transcripts, notarized or original.*
Applicants from countries at WCO level 3 or higher will only need to submit items 1-6. All others will need to provide items 1-9. Items 1-3 must be submitted through the online candidate portal. All other items denoted with a * must be submitted directly to your subcommittee chair once you have been assigned.
In certain circumstances some educational institutions within a country might meet the registry criteria and some may not. In cases where an applicant believes he/she has graduated from a 4 year program of optometry, trained to a level 3 or higher, and is able to practice at a level 3 or higher may appeal for a special exemption allowing the applicant to provide only items 1-6.
Please see the online Appendix C at the following link for guidance: https://worldcouncilofoptometry.info/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/wco_global_competency_model_2015.pdf