Each individual admitted to Academy Fellowship is expected to:
- Live up to the Membership Pledge and Agreement that is signed at the time of submitting the application.
- Regularly attend the annual meeting.
- Contribute to the work of the Academy by serving on a committee when requested, submitting papers, posters and/pr courses to the annual meeting and other Academy sponsored educational and scientific programs, encouraging research in optometry, and being active in an Academy chapter if one is available.
- Sponsor additional candidates for Fellowship and serve as a mentor for candidates when invited.
- Fulfill requirements under Maintenance of Fellowship.